Know Your Worth And Be You
Being aware of your value or worth as a person is the most important aspect of your life. Most people feel devalued probably from parents, friends or lovers who treated them poorly, unfairly or criticized them unnecessarily. The moment you begin to accept the way people treat you, you begin to see yourself less and devalued. We should know our value and not accept being treated less than we deserve in other words you deserve to be treated the way you treat others. In our quest to find love and attention from friends or lovers we ending up acting desperate and needy not knowing that love will come to you when you learn to love yourself first which is the most important relationship with oneself.
When you love yourself, you take pride in yourself and what you have to offer. Now that we have understood what self-worth is let’s see how we can build it.
Building your self-worth
- Avoid criticizing or bringing yourself down.
- Always write down the things you love about yourself.
- Everyone has a bad side, find out what it is and work on it.
- Stop blaming and beating yourself up about past mistakes.
- Learn to be resilient. Resilient people are able to endure the most difficult situations without cracking or falling apart.
- Stop trying to please people all the time by displeasing yourself, say Yes to the things you can do and No to the things you can’t.
- Live in the present and forget the past which is gone but bear in mind the lessons it taught you.
- Surround yourself with positive people who have positive things to offer.
- Your only competition is yourself not with others.
- Take up something new to learn, stick with it and derive joy in it.
- Always be honest with yourself and others.
- Learn to say “please and thank you”, there is no harm in asking for help or rendering one.
- Take care of your body in and out, dress smart and look good.
Respect yourself and your body and be respected, don’t give out your body carelessly to anybody because you think your body will make them love you. The most delightful and compelling relationship you can have is the one you have with yourself, know your value or self-worth and don’t allow people treat you less than you deserve. Change for yourself and not for others.